YOU THINK YOU HAVE IT ROUGH?
Only ten days before Abraham Lincoln took the oath of office in 1861, the Confederate States of America seceded from the Union taking ail Federal agencies, forts, and arsenals within their territory. To make matters worse, Lincoln, who was elected by a minority of the popular vote, was viewed by his own advisors as nothing more than a gawky, second-rate country lawyer with no leadership experience.
What Lincoln did to become our most honored and revered president is history, how he can help you to run your organization is not.
LINCOLN ON LEADERSHIP is the first book to examine Abraham
Lincoln’s diverse leadership abilities and how they can be applied to today’s complex worid. You’ll discover why you should:
• Seize the initiative and never relinquish it
• Wage only one war at a time
• Encourage risk-taking while providing job security
• Avoid issuing orders and instead-request, imply, or make suggestions
• Once in a while, let things slip, unbenownst-like ••• and much much more.
« If Lincoln’s example were taken to heart, life undoubtedly would improve up and down the corporate line. »-New York Times
« An honest and useful look at Lincoln’s leadership style •••• Phillips’ timing couldn’t be better. »-Chicago Tribune
Look inside to see what today’s leaders are saying about Lincoln on Leadership